New York Highway Use Tax

Essential NY HUT certificate for trucks exceeding 18,000-pound gross weight.

In order to comply with New York regulations, a HUT (Highway Use Tax) certificate of registration is essential for any truck, tractor, or self-propelled vehicle with a gross weight exceeding 18,000 pounds. Additionally, an automotive fuel carrier (AFC) certificate of registration is required for any truck, trailer, semi-trailer, or attached device involved in transporting automotive fuel (subject to the same gross weight and unloaded weight rules).

Our specialized service ensures a streamlined process for obtaining and renewing the NY HUT Permit. The permit is renewed every three years, and it is important to note that a highway use tax return must be filed quarterly.

Let us handle the complexities of New York's Highway Use Tax requirements, ensuring your compliance and alleviating the administrative burden.

Related USDOT Services

Broker Authority

Broker authority allows individuals, partnerships, or corporations to arrange goods transportation using an authorized Motor Carrier (MC) Number.

Designation of Process Agents (BOC-3)

Crucial BOC-3 form for FMCSA-regulated carriers, brokers, and forwarders.

Authority Name Change

Planning to change the name of your company?